Old Testament Stories, by Roy WilkinsonRudolf Steiner College Press
This booklet retells the main stories from the Old Testament, making them accessible while retaining some of the flavor of the language of the King James translation. This book will be helpful for the Waldorf third grade teacher preparing to tell some of these stories.
- The Seven Days of Creation
- Earth: Its Creators and First Inhabitants
- Foundations of the Israelite Nation; The Patriarchs: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob
- The Story of Job: Trials, troubles and faith
- The Israelites in Egypt: Joseph and his brethren
- From Egypt to the Promised Land: Moses and his mission
- Appointment of Judges: Guidance and encouragement
- The Story of Ruth: A time of harmony and fulfillment
- The First Kings: Saul, David, Solomon
- The Prophets: Elijah, Elisha, Isaiah and Others; The call to repentance and the coming Messiah
- The Babylonian Captivity: Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel
- The Story of Esther: Jews are saved from destruction
- The Twelve Minor Prophets
Roy Wilkinson was an indefatigable teacher of children, lecturer, author, and inspirer of many people in the Waldorf movement in the UK and abroad, right up to his death at the age of 90 in 2007.