Making The Children's Year By Marije RowlingSteiner Books
Thirty years since its original publication, The Children's Year has been a much-loved book that has never been out of print. Now titled Making the Children’s Year, with color illustrations and new projects that bring it up to date, it will appeal to a new generation of families keen to engage children in creative play, the seasons, and the joy of handcrafting.
Marije Rowling revisits the book she originally coauthored with two friends, bringing new inspiration and ideas to a modern readership. Packed with all kinds of crafts, from paper crafting to building dens, she brings the four seasons into the home. From beginners to experienced crafters, this book is a gift for parents and adults seeking to make toys that will inspire children—and to provide an alternative to a throwaway culture.
• New edition of a bestselling craft book
• Waldorf-inspired craft projects for big and little fingers
• Projects include paper craft, dolls and doll clothes, den making, toys, nature tables, and woodwork
• An essential book for encouraging creative play
• Engages children of all ages with the seasons, from kindergarten to teenagers
• Ideal for teachers and adults familiar with Steiner-Waldorf education
• Accessible to non-experts with step-by-step instructions
• Exquisite color illustrations