Making Math Meaningful: Grades 1 through 5, by Nettie Fabrie, Wim Gottenbos, and Jamie YorkJamieYorkPress
This newly released book in the Making Math Meaningful series continues with the same meticulous detail as the previous books. The major concepts contained in the lower grades book are: principles of Waldorf Education, working with "struggling" students, golden rules for teaching math, topics in the math classroom, ideas for manipulatives, movement and main lesson books
.What makes this book different from other math books for Waldorf teachers?
- Detailed curriculum guidelines for first through fifth grade
- Overview of child development in each grade
- Specific ideas for every math main lesson
- Step-by-step progressions for learning the arithmetic facts, times table, basic addition and subtraction, long multiplication and long division
- General ideas and suggestions for teaching math successfully in the lower grades