Colour Dynamics, Angela LordSteiner Books
- “The clear, well-explained text leads you through a series of exercises and techniques. The beginner will enjoy the discovery of colour. Teachers and therapists will value this resource with its sparkling insights.” —Anna Hubbard, Arts Foundation Course Tutor
This workbook is based on Goethe's and Rudolf Steiner's color research. Angela Lord invites readers to develop their own color insights through materials and techniques; exploration of colors; painting rainbows; color clashes; complementary colors; after-images; painting the color circle and complementary colors; enhancing colors; a new color circle; the interplay of light and dark, and sunrise and sunset; color dynamics; and composition, an overview of color through history; watercolor painting and the Steiner Waldorf curriculum. Also included is a section of resources, a glossary, and references.
The clear, well-explained texts lead readers through a series of experiments, exercises, and techniques. Beginners will enjoy the discovery of color, while teachers and therapists will value this resource and its sparkling insights.
Colour Dynamics features:
- Color-by-color exercises for deepening insights into the nature of color
- Exercises for developing painting skills
- Striking experiments and painting ideas using after images, complementary colors, color circles, color enhancement, and composition for building visual impact
- Inspiring themes such as rainbows, trees, flowers, landscapes, and the four seasons
- Grounded in Goethe's and Rudolf Steiner’s color theories
Colour Dynamics will be useful for art students, painters, teachers, beginning artists, art therapists, interior designers, and those with an interest in Goethean studies.